Hi guys,
I have been working L-sits for about 5 months now and have made some progress on Parallettes. Currently my max hold is 30s, with 15s x 4 now my working sets. I can do it a bit straighter and legs higher as per below.
I am wondering what I can do to transition to the floor. Currently, I can just barely get myself off the floor. Not enough for working sets. I can do it on a couple of books, but this is probably around a 5s max hold.
I think that hamstring and general flexibilty need work & I am doing that a couple of dedicated times a week. This photo on the chair also shows the flexibility issues I think. I sense that the lack of flexibility could be in my whole body. I am 34, not getting younger and have always been very tight everywhere :?
Oh and further to my L-sit story, about 2 1/2 months ago I was trying floor L-Sits on my fingers & injured both of my thumbs (from bending back). The pain has only just gone away. To other newbs - don't do l-sits on your fingers. :!:
I am just wondering if anyone has any comments about how I can get more 'compression' or 'lift' to get off the parallettes. I am doing weighted pikes, some band assisted hammy/IT Band/ leg stretch. I sort of think more time on the parallettes is a bit of a dead end. Any help on what to focus on will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
edna
ps I have lurked here for months after finding posts about improving pullups & have learnt a lot, so thanks to everyone