Hello!
My name is Marcus, and I'm new on the forums. I'm 19 years old and quite fitness oriented.
I was looking for a good all-round workout. As a martial artist I much prefer bodyweight exercises,
and strive toward body control and flexibility. So far BtGB seems to be all that I've been looking for.
I recently finished the book. The exercises are great, and I can't wait to get started. However:
After reading the last chapter (the one on program design) over and over, it still baffles me.
I've done my best to try and wrap my mind around the concepts, but it seems the harder I try the more confusing it gets.
I've spent some times looking through the forums, but so far none of the posts I've read have thoroughly been able to
convey the core concepts of how to build an effective program.
As far as I've understood, both fundemental static positions and fundemental body exercises should be included into each workout, and for best results 4 workouts per week are recommended. After 8-12 weeks, depending on the amount of strength gained in this period, the load (or difficulty) of each exercise should be increased.
Hopefully, someone out there is willing to fill me in on the details. I'm sure that when I've managed to understand this, I will wonder why I wasn't able to do so in the first place. Help is much appreciated, thank you in advance!
Marcus