Statics-only routine: selection and frequency

Started by Igor De Britto, November 21, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,619 Views

Igor De Britto

Hi folks,

I read through the book and I'm amazed. I want to start my training by now, but don't have an hour free yet (gonna happen by april!), so I thought of starting on a FSB-only routine.

The tricky part is BtGB says to "pick one and work through the progressions". In other parts, it recomends working through all the planes on the workouts. Therefore, the questions:

1) Should I try all of the FSBs every workout?

If not...

2) How to schedule a FSB routine? Wich exercises in wich days?

Cheers!

Blairbob

I would do all of the FSP's per day besides L-sit and HS.

If that takes too much time, don't ditch the L and HS but alternate FL/BL.

Or you could do:

Workout A: BL/PL/FL

Workout B: L-sit and HS.

For everything other than the HS, use the 60s of work protocol. For the HS, you can do a lot more volume. Try 1-2m for 3 weeks and perhaps 30s every 3-4 weeks.

If you need it or so wish, every 4th week reduce volume by 1/2 as an off week.

This would be a barebones program. If possible do some of the plank, hang and support series as a warmup. Bridging is good but bridge wall walks can suffice.

It really depends on how much time you have to train.

Igor De Britto

Thanks, Blairbob. I'm gonna try to do them all in a go =) Time is being randomly avaible, but 20 to 30 minutes should be almost always at hand, so it should be nice to use the suggested warm up!

I'm gonna record exercises tomorrow in order to get a few comments on their forms.

Igor De Britto

I got a doubt as for the frequency of training. Should it be done:

a) Everyday

b) 4 days a week

c) 3 days a week

d) Everyday you feel doable without being dead at the end

e) Other (suggest)