This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111121

Started by Coach Sommer, November 21, 2011 · 12 Replies · 2,056 Views

Coach Sommer

pwCv1Yjb8MI

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

2 – Front Pulls

7 – FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

5 – FL Rows

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) It is however necessary to strive to keep the shoulder blades pulled strongly together during all front lever variation work. In addition, the FL Pulls should be performed with a slow deliberate motion.

4) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

5) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accommodate your current strength levels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Oldrich Polreich

Completed three rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

6 - towel pullups

2 – Front Pulls

7 – FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

5 – FL Rows

Forth round is still out of reach for me but I'm getting better steadily.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x2 rounds)

WOD:4 rounds/rx'd rests

2 – Front Pull Tuck Negs(5s)

1 – 10 Towel Pullups Foot assist

2 – Front Pull Tuck Negs(5s)

6 - Pull ups(4 pallet band)

2 – Front Pull Tuck Negs(5s)

6 – 5 Foot supported Rows(about 145 degree to floor)

Notes:

-Changed the last 2 FBE's to 6 reps to keep a 1:1 for planes of motion.

-Keeping 2 rounds for fsp pre-reqs for another week...still feels like another will be too much, even at 50%. I think I always end up doing more full body tension/more effort when I'm not testing, so as to make it harder than 50% regardless of time.

-Grip/forearms were the limiting factor as per usual, by the 3rd round hitting pretty hard.

Squatchy

4 rounds

2 front pull (flat tuck ascent, adv flat tuck descent)

12 towel pullups

2 front pull

7 FL pull ( adv flat tuck)

2 front pull

5 FL rows (tuck)

Rafael David

four rounds :arrow:three rounds

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque :arrow:15 towel pull-ups

2 – Front Pulls

7 – FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

5 – FL Rows :arrow:straddle FL rows

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused Shoulder/Elbows/Wrists

Complete four rounds:

2 Front Pulls (Black Elastic)

Rest 30s

2 x 8’ Cirque Feet on 30" Box (Feet on Box; more control when lowering will try straight climb without L-Sit and will focus on lowering slowly mostly)

Rest 30s

2 Front Pulls (Black Elastic)

Rest 30s

7 FL Pulls (Black Elastic)

Rest 30s

2 Front Pulls (Black Elastic)

Rest 30s

5 Ring Rows Below Parallel with Feet on 24" Box

Rest 2-3 mins

All unbroken. Finished with massive Wrist Rehabbing.

No video this week going gym at night and its chaos! :?

Mike Barkowski

What are "front Pulls"? or whats the difference between front pulls and front lever pulls? I can't find front pulls in the book. if its in the book, anybody got a page number? thanks.

Is it "360 pulls"?

Ivan Uzarevic1

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused Shoulder/Elbows/Wrists

Complete four rounds:

2 Body lever /negatives

10 towell pull ups

2 Body lever/negatives

7 Pullovers

2 Body lever/negatives

5 XR Rows

Is my scaling ok? Since I canˡt do FL Pulls, I scaled the movement to the easier one from the same family..same goes for other exercises..Cheers! :D

Josh Schmitter
ivan30 said:
General Warmup/Stretch

Focused Shoulder/Elbows/Wrists

Complete four rounds:

2 Body lever /negatives

10 towell pull ups

2 Body lever/negatives

7 Pullovers

2 Body lever/negatives

5 XR Rows

Is my scaling ok? Since I canˡt do FL Pulls, I scaled the movement to the easier one from the same family..same goes for other exercises..Cheers! :D

That scaling looks really good. I wish I could at least try Pullovers, but my setup at present does not abide. Also you can do Front Pull negatives only for another choice...but I imagine with the Body Levers you can work on a harder position so it really depends on your focus. I almost forgot about body levers as they haven't been around in the WOD's for a while, so I might have to do something about that :).

Ivan Uzarevic1

Tnx for reply!! Funny that you mentioned Front Pulls negatives..thatˡs exactly what I did in the third and fourth round after 2 or 3 Pullovers (just couldnˡt done more in last two round)..anyway my biceps and shoulders were out of business for some time after this WOD :mrgreen:

Mike Barkowski
jebby said:
What are "front Pulls"? or whats the difference between front pulls and front lever pulls? I can't find front pulls in the book. if its in the book, anybody got a page number? thanks.

Is it "360 pulls"?

no one's gonna answer huh?

Vincent Stoyas

Jebby, go to YouTube and type in, slizzardman front pull. He has a video that shoes the difference between the two.

Mike Barkowski
Vincearoo said:
Jebby, go to YouTube and type in, slizzardman front pull. He has a video that shoes the difference between the two.

Awesome, thank you so much!