Front Lever added - Question!

Started by 305pelusa, November 20, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,158 Views

305pelusa

Hello everyone!

I just recently finished my first SSC cycle.I worked on the prerequisites, L-sits and HSs. Now, I want to add Pl, Fl, and Bl work.

My questions is specifically on the Fl though.

1) I can hold a Tucked Fl for more than 60 secs, but I haven't done a whole SSC with it. Should I spend 4-8 weeks doing 1x60 of it, before moving on to the Adv. Tuck Fl? Or can I just start doing the Adv. Tuck Fl?

2) I've heard this being discussed before, so I'll ask. If the FSP of the day is, say, an Adv. Tuck Fl, should I do BEFORE it a 60 sec (or less, I don't know) hold of a Tucked Fl? If so, why? Meaning, if I'm past a step (ex: I can do a Tuck Pl for 60 secs), should I STILL do that hold even though I'll work on the next one?

Thanks!

Blairbob

You can incorporate 1 60s hold as maintenance work prior toward your real worksets.

WitnessTheFitness

If holding a 60s tucked front lever is no problem for you, then definitely move on to the advanced tuck.

305pelusa

All right, thanks for the answers.

I'm still not sure how useful keeping that 60 s Tuck Fl will be, but since my workouts are getting pretty long, and it would definitely tire me out a bit for the Adv. Fl, I think I'll just stay with the pre-reqs as my warm-up, and hope that working with the Adv. Fl will be enough "maintenance" for the steps below it :D