Yuri with weights?

Started by Jordi Van Gelder, November 18, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,255 Views

Jordi Van Gelder

Hey,

Anyone have seen this video?

Yuri using weights, is this normal in a gymnastic routine?

Regards.

yuri marmerstein

this is a good video of me, I look super jacked

but yes, it's not completely uncommon for high level gymnasts to use a bit of weight in their strength training

Quick Start Test Smith

Hahahahaah! :lol::lol::lol:

Rafael David
yuri said:
this is a good video of me, I look super jacked

but yes, it's not completely uncommon for high level gymnasts to use a bit of weight in their strength training

HAHAHAHA I knew you'd say that! :lol:

NeN said:
Hey,

Anyone have seen this video?

Yuri using weights, is this normal in a gymnastic routine?

Regards.

Should be something for weak link, prevent injury, warm up, etc this kind of thing, don't looks a strength stuff, isn't that heavy to him ... :roll:

Blairbob

Yes, using lighter DB for pre-hab is pretty common. You'll see the DB used in odd planes of motion or angles. Quite a few of the Cal guys did a lot of it.

irongymnast

I've seen a video of Yibing where he does weights as well.