Training Routine?

Started by m1helmethead, November 13, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,157 Views

m1helmethead

Ok I just bought Building the Gymnastic Body...Good read accept I have no idea where to start or how to integrate any of this into my current workout routines.

Currently I weight lift on MON, WED, FRI which consists of compound lifts in the 3x5 range and then Kung Fu Classes on TUES, and THURS which consists of 20mins body weight exercises and stretches and then 60 min of form, weapons training, and sparring.

I would like to be able to do some of the cool body weight exercises like the planche and manna to go along with my other training cus I think it would be fun to show people but I have no idea how to incorporate it into my training. Can someone please help me out here?

Ian Legrow

Planche and Manna both take a long time (years) to get solidly. And with the Manna it is recommedned you get a solid L-sit, Straddle l-sit solid middle split hold before you can even begin to start pushing your hips forward to get the the manna position. You could start integrating the prerequisites to the Manna and full Planche into your work out, but it is going to take a long time before you get either one. I have been doing this for 6 months and i am still only on the adv Frog stand for planche.

m1helmethead

Well the fact that it may take years don't bother me....How do I determine how long I hold a pose and how many sets and reps?

Thanks for the reply btw!