I am pretty new to GB and working on the FSPs.
A week or so ago I tried adding XR support work to my workout and was able to hold a decent position with RTO for 30 sec for a couple sets.
However I think it is currently too much stress on my elbows and wrists.
I wound up feeling like I needed day(s) off from doing any exercises or FSPs using straight arms or bent wrists (which includes most of the FSP work and HS).
So my question is - when to start working in XR support, and should it be treated like an FSP?
Meaning - start with an easier position and work that for an 8 week SSC?
Any other pre-reqs that should be obtained first?
I definitely realize I should start with an easier position as Coach describes:
In terms of a general support position on the rings, you will progress through the following stages of support strength:1) Arms bent with the rings turn in
2) Arm straight (elbows completely locked), but the rings are still turned in
3) Arms straight with the thumbs turned outward until the straps are completely clear of the forearms.
4) Arms straight and the thumbs turned with the rings pressed slightly outward from the side of the body.
Thanks.