Test results... now what?

Started by Patrick Patterson, November 10, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,286 Views

Patrick Patterson

Hey all-

Just finished my end of SSC testing today, and based on the new results I'm not sure how to program some of the FSP's for the next cycle, any advice?

Below is the max time results for the exercises in question (the previous test results from the start of this SSC 2 months ago, as well as how I programmed that exercise in the cycle, are in parenthesis).

1) Adv Frog Planche: 68 seconds (+ 3seconds from last test, worked this as 2x30seconds as FSP in last cycle )

2) XR support hold: 59 seconds (didn't test last time, only did 2x30seconds as part of Pre-Req warm up in last cycle)

3) Arch Hold: 89 seconds (didn't test last time, did 2x30seconds as part of Pre-Req warm up in last cycle)

So how should I program these now for the new cycle?

1) Adv Frog... do 2x35 seconds, or move on to Tuck Planche (which I have a max of at 10 seconds now)? If tuck planche, what sets/times?

2) XR support Hold... Just keep at 2x30sec for another cycle, or move this up to 1x60seconds? Or, something else?

3)Arch Hold: Do this as 2x45 seconds now, or 1x60seconds, or something else?

Thanks!

Uzeeh

Just a small question: How are you doing the support hold? Are the rings turned out, are the forearms off the rings and straps? How far out from the body are the hands? Things like those can make the exercise way harder.

Patrick Patterson

Rings are turned out. Arms are locked. Shoulders are not shrugged (meaning my head and neck are up, not sunk down). Forearms ARE touching the rings. Rings are about 8 cm / 3 inches from my body. As I still have to get the forearms off of the rings, that means there is some more adjustments to be made to the form. So, does that mean I should do 2x30seconds this cycle, concentrating on getting forearms off of the rings, or 1x60seconds still trying to correct form (or something else, like 2x45seconds)? Thanks!