Hello all, 1st post on this incredibly informative forum. Hoping I can pick your brains to help me decide if I should start the daily GB WOD or continue with Kilroy-based template I have been following for the last 4 weeks. My goals at this point are to be able to hold legit front and back levers, attain some semblance of planche, continue to build capacity with movements such as MUs and HSPUs, and just generally be good at all (or many, if not most) things gymnastic, including some very cool skills like human flag and backward roll to support.
My current program:
FSPs- Planche lean, front lever (1 leg tucked), back lever (1 leg tucked), all held for ~:10 x4 rounds Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Then FBMs as follows:
Monday- pseudo planche pushup 5x5, XR row with feet at level of rings, false grip 5x5
Tuesday- RTO dip 5x5, inverted ring pullup 5x5
Thursday- HeSPU with chest to the wall 5x3, XR ring pullup to sternum, false grip 5x3
Friday- FL pulls 5x3, negative straddle press HS 5x3
I'm fairly strong, lean, and in generally good shape. In addition to the above I also front or back squat (or deadlift) and bench or press heavy once a week and perform 1-2 (usually 2) CrossFit metcons per week. So my question is; would the GB WOD help me attain the strength and skills needed for my goals faster than the above program? Truth be told, I'm kinda hoping those wiser than I will say yes, as what I'm doing now is starting to bore me and the GB WOD looks like fun.
If it helps, I'd be happy to post some stats to give a clearer idea of where I am from a fitness standpoint. Thanks in advance for reading and for any feedback
Best,
J