Planche lean form

Started by Uzeeh, October 30, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,700 Views

Uzeeh

Hi!

I don't have a video, but here's a picture of my planche lean. Is my scapula position correct, and should my lower back be like that? Should I keep my hips higher (it's a bit easier in my opinion)?

I can do a 9 second tuck PL, if that means anything.

Nyttkuva2011-10-30kohteessa204523.png

This is how far I can go comfortably. Below is one with more exaggarated scapulae.

Nyttkuva2011-10-30kohteessa204514.png

EDIT: Oh, and my elbows are locked fully, that's their range of motion for me :)

Fox

To me it seems as if your back/spine is rounded and as far as I know this is not the way it should be.

Try to stay straight and only let your scapula move, not your spine. Just like you do it with the Serratus Pushups.

But I'm not an expert, so if I'm wrong please let me know!

Mats Trane

Have you read/seen this article?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6448&p=57581#p57581

Uzeeh

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the help :) In the first picture, isn't my back just like Dillon's - expect much less proctracted 'cause I'm not that strong :D To me, it doesn't look like my spine is too much curved (isn't this what hollow means?), but if anyone has info, I'd gladly take it.

Kim Jongseong

looks correct. Train both Tuck planche and Planche lean. btw Is it your preference that hands turned backward? if not u don't have to do that.

Blairbob

If you find the old video of Gregor showing planche or planche lean, his back looks very much like the second picture. In the first one your scapula are still "winging" out.