Here I am with a new video.
More attempts in the skills that I have struggled to keep a correct technical execution!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by SuperMario, October 30, 2011 · 26 Replies · 1,992 Views
Here I am with a new video.
More attempts in the skills that I have struggled to keep a correct technical execution!
I was inspired by a discussion in the forum to insert the following warm-up before my WO:
1. Wrists:
-Coach Sommer's wrist routine
2. Shoulders/Upper Body:
-Ido Portal's Scapula Mobilization routine
Scapula Push Ups X 10 reps / slow and controlled, pause at both ends
Overhead Straight Arm Pull Down X 10 reps / slow and controlled, pause at both ends
The Whippet X 10 reps / slow and controlled, pause at both ends
Shoulder Dislocations X 10 reps / Slow and controlled
-GymGreg's Shoulder Warm Up
8-12 reps per angle - Standing straight arm reverse shoulder flys at low, middle, and level with shoulders (see video in title above)
8-12 reps per angle - Normal standing straight arm shoulder flys in 3 different angles
8-12 reps - Bulgarian / Cuban rotations with arms out to sides parallel with shoulders and elbows bent 90 degrees pointing up
8-12 reps - Bent over cross pulls
8-12 reps - Bent over inverted cross pulls
8-12 reps - Straight arm rotations
3. Trunk/Back:
-Bridges
4. Lower body/Legs:
-Ido Portal's Squat Clinic
10 Soleus Dynamic Squat Stretch w/ 10 second hold at last rep
10 Hip Rotations On All Fours (five per leg)
10 Squat Hip Rotation alternating right and left
30-60 second Toes Stretch (sit on your feet with your toes curled under)
10 Dynamic Toes Stretch (rock in and out of previous stretch with hand support)
30-60 second static squat (hold at bottom as deep as you can without pain, keep feet pointed forward with knees externally rotated)
10-20 bodyweight squats (go as deep as you can without pain)
Obviously I'm still poor on the mobility. In the videos I do not run all the exercises at best. In some videos I used simplified versions of the exercises (for example in a bridge or in a wrist push ups)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDcmfopBoZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dboPEpKj1W4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp7gcmxHUNQ