SSC, how to choose excercises?

Started by Alexander Laurila, October 16, 2011 · 6 Replies · 3,070 Views

Alexander Laurila

Hi everybody!

I am following a SSC at the moment, working tucked planche and handstands. The workout consists of 10 sets och 9s TuckedPL, and 10sets of 38s handstand (+ ringwork, running and other dynamic excersices).

I am having serious problems with the tucked planche. It seems how hard i try, i cant get my hip parallel with my shoulders. I didn't realize it untill reasently when i filmed myself doing them. I have followed the recomended progression of getting a 60s adv. frogstand before moving on to tucked planche.

As i see it I have three options:

1. Do shorter sets of tucked planche, but doing them properly (I do not however think this is the way to get better at them)

2. Go back to adv. frogstands

3. Change FSP to L sit and gain more strenght before i countinue with planche work.

I am open for any suggestions!

Vincent Stoyas

I don't really know if you should go back to the previous progression or not. I do think that decreasing the time held and perfecting form sounds good, but I'm not going to say that you should.

An L sit is actaully a prerequisite to the planche. Although, I read, Coach says that if you already started your planche work there's no reason to stop doing it. Just add in some L sits to your FSPs too.

Blairbob

I think you should still work the planche if you like. Heck, it is something that is giving you joy. Just know that if your L is poor, your planche progress will eventually hit a wall.

As toward the form of your planche, nothing becomes great in a week. Are you new to the planche coming from adv frogstand?

You probably need to lean forward more. Attempt to lean forward and see if you hit horizontal and how long you can hold for.

Honestly, working the planche high for a cycle is not the end all of the world.

Cole Dano

I totally agree with BlairBob, at the end of the day this needs to be something we enjoy.

You could also just add working L-sit without giving up what you are doing already.

Alexander Laurila

This will be my third week working the tucked planche, so I haven' been doing them for a long time.

For think about it all for a while!

Thanks for the advice, really appriciate it!

Alexander Laurila

Hi again!

Tried to lean more forward when doing the tucked planche, but i could barely hold it för 3-5s.

Right now i feel like i should go back to basics and change FSP to L-sit instead, and meaby work some forward leans or something to strengthen shoulders.

Do L-sit follow the same progression pattern as the other FSP? I mean, should I be able to do a 60s tuck-sit before moving on to a real L-sit?

Blairbob

Yes, the entire L-sit family progression is in BtGB.