New here, some advice needed please :)

Started by Colibri, October 15, 2011 · 1 Replies · 6,676 Views

Colibri

Hey all, my name is Aaron and I'm 19. 5'8" in height and currently 75kg, approx 16-18% bodyfat.

Currently taking Wing Chun Kung Fu classes once a week, some sprinting/general cardio and over the last few months, been very interested in fitness. I dabbled a bit with bodyweight stuff for a while before half converting to weight training. I never got to the gym (no money for membership) so I haven't started anything yet, but I've been reading BtGB and am very interested in building the amazing strength that gymnasts have. I will start killroy70's plan as soon as I start, and after a few months maybe start the WODs.

Now, some questions (if you guys don't mind me answering).

In the general area of strength, how is my diet?

I'm following a cookie cutter paleo template and incorporate IF at least once a week. I've been dropping weight slowly, and am now what you'd call "skinnyfat" :P. Macros are about 5~% carbs, 45% protein and 50% fat.

Also for aesthetics, would the gymnastics training help alongside my diet regarding body composition? I saw swarovski's pictures, amazing transformation :) I know form follows function but something remotely close to the banner's body would be lovely :) I'm at a caloric deficit, but I understand that as a whole, a surplus is needed for muscle building. Have you got any advice? Thanks :)

If I've missed anything, let me know please. Thank you Coach Sommers for the great book and to all of you guys for your great informative threads :)

Colibri

http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7359&p=65660#p65660

My workout log, if you guys would be able to give me some advice, great. Thanks all! :)