Guys, I bought the BtGB e-book recently and really like it. I do have a couple of questions on program design, however. After reading the section on program design, I understand how to get my set/rep scheme for statics based on that chapter, but do embedded statics play by the same rules? Say, my best (flat tuck) back and front levers are 10 seconds a piece. Do I need to do 12 sets of 5 sec on each in an embedded format? Or can I work the embedded statics for less sets or should I work them into three sets of something similar to Ring Series 1?
Next, I've got a question on handstands as part of my static hold training. The BtGB doesn't really go into training static handstands as part of a steady-state cycle, but this is what I want to do. In the program design section, it says that after you can do more than 15 sec of a variation, then you move on to a harder variant. With handstands, however, my intuition tells me that as part of a statics program I probably want to be able to do more than 15 sec on a solid straight handstand before moving on. I'm doing pretty well with handstands, as my best is about 70 sec with a good straight form. What is the next progression for moving on with handstands? Are there any suggested FX handstands I should move on to or should I just keep trying to get a longer and longer HS? Also, I'll add that overall I want my overall statics program to include (based on the variants I am capable of within the required hold times): handstands, adv. tuck frog stands, (f.t.)back lever, (f.t.)front lever, XR L-sit. I also want to include basic strength exercises as well, but will hold those questions until I iron some of the static program work out.