where to begin on the WOD?

Started by juiop, October 11, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,030 Views

juiop

I want to start the WOD next week. Do i just start doing the scheduled workout for that day and date or will it be best if i start the WOD that was scheduled a few weeks ago or something?

I went under the following assumption...That the WOD is specifically structured each day for a cycle/period (eg for 3 months) then it is changed to a new cycle. The exercises in the WOD will be changed. So I assumed that I would have to start at the start of a cycle and hence go back. Does this make sense? Is this correct?

viewty

Depending on what standard you train to, some good advice mentioned here some times is to work a week 'behind'. As in use the WOD for that day from the previous week. There's usually some discussion on each one on how to scale the exercises, and some questions will already have been raised. Otherwise just start doing them and see how you get on! Was a bit of a shock to the system when I started them, using a very well programmed daily routine. Works great though!

And yes Coach does change the focus of the WODs over the course of some weeks/months but I don't know the details sorry.