Single/1-rep programming

Started by 305pelusa, October 9, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,935 Views

305pelusa

Hello everyone

Is there a way in which one can effectively program sets of single reps in a gymnastic program?

I can currently do a One-arm Chin per arm. But only a rep. Not sets of 3-5. Should I use an easier variation to be able to get the volume of 3-5 sets of 3 correct, or is there a way which people have found works well with singles (perhaps 1-3 sets per day as in GTG or something)?

Aaron Griffin

In a lot of bodyweight work, I feel that "fake it until you make it" seems to work well. With weighted work, this can result in injury. If you can do one rep, why not do that rep, touch down and assist yourself with a slight jump to get the next 2-4 reps. Bang out 5x5 "assisted", trying to minimize the assit. Eventually you'll make it to no assistance