Hello, I´ 33 year old spanish guy.
I´ve done many sports in my life since I was a child. Skiing, snowbaording, almost 3 years of competitive swimming, running...
I get tired of the gym because of the boring repetitive exercises and a friend of mine told me to go training to a park with him. He did a couple of muscle-ups and almost a perfect back lever on a bar. Then I realized that´s what i wanna do.
I always have watched the gymnasts in TV and feel amazed about his/her power, control, balance and flexibility. I know it´s late trying to emule what they do (even the easiest movement) but I will like to improve my basic skills.
I am still reading the book Building a Gymnastic Body, but I am really a bit lost trying to find a routine that can fit myself.
That´s what I´m doing right now in order to get strength and tyring to get my joints prepared for the real hard work.
I was thinking of training 3-4 days a week. I can´t still do false grip on the rings or the bar, but manage to d L-pull ups or L-chin ups. I have parallel bars and can hold a flat tuck position for 4-5 seconds. I also have rings and manage to do push ups.
How should I build my routine?
Thank you very much
P.D.- forgive my bad English if I had made mistakes