So today is day two of my weekly adult gymnastics class in San Diego.
The Coach is good, there's only about 4-5 people that ever show up so he splits time between all the practitioners pretty well...and he runs us through drills as a group unless you really want to work on something in particular.
That being the case it really is more of an "open gym" atmosphere, you could spend the two hour session sucking your thumb and no one would bother you.
So I'm trying to organize the opportunity to get the most out of it. Like I said it's 2 hours with decent instruction and watchful eyes.
It's all floor stuff/trampoline/spring board and they have some domes for pommel training.
My thoughts are to pick some goals -
Initially:
Press to handstand
Front Tuck
Back Tuck
Handsprings
And then program back from there...I'll do some warm-up then work the press to handstand first.
Follow that with some tumbling, cartwheels, round-off work
After that I think I'd go into the handsprings starting with front handsprings on trampoline and then work those to the floor...then start working the back handspring (should I work on both at the same time?)
then progress to Front Tuck, I'll probably do some on trampoline or spring board first, then start trying to get them on the ground. Once I'm comfortable with Front Tucks I'll progress to Back Tucks...again should I just work on both at the same time?
I'll probably cap off the session with some handstands, pirouettes, walking on hands, etc and then stretch.
should I break this down more, is there other floor/trampoline/pommel/spring board stuff that is basic level stuff that I should work on??