Help with a New Routine :D

Started by 305pelusa, October 3, 2011 · 2 Replies · 1,929 Views

305pelusa

Hello everyone!

I want to start by saying that I think this website is great. Lots of good info. Very nice effort.

I've been working out with Calisthenics (OA Push-ups, OA Chin-ups, Pistols, etc) for about a year now. However, I wanted to add some of the gymnastic component to it.

I bought Building the Gymnastic Body (great book BTW), and used this website to start a new routine:

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/03/t ... -training/

Here's what I came up with:

M: 60 s of L-sit work (8x8 secs), followed by Muscle-ups and Bridging.

T: 10-20 min (including rest) of Handstand skill work, followed by Counterweight-assisted One-arm Chin-ups, One-arm Push-ups, Weighted Pistols, and GHRs.

W: Off

Th: Same as Monday

F: Same as Tuesday

Sa: 60 s of L-sit work (OPTIONAL)

Su: Off

I wrap up each session with Standing Ab Wheel Roll-outs (using the wall for assistance)

Note that I CAN do OACs, but since I can only do singles, I'll be using a counterweight for assistance to bring my reps to the 10-15 range.

So it's the simple 4-days-a-week template. Full-body workout each day. 2 days a week, I spend 10-20 min on handstands (the advice given by Coach in the handstand section). I didn't add Planche nor FL training because I wanted to work a bit more with OAPUs and OACs.

I'd do mobility work (mainly shoulders) as warm-up.

So any changes/ideas/suggestions? I'll be using Steady State for some of them, but not all (some of them like Muscle-ups and Bridging, I'm mainly cleaning up my form, so the reps vary from session to session).

I was thinking that after 1-2 cycles of this, I could change the L-sit for Manna progressions, and add PL/FL work.

305pelusa

Umh... bump please?

Any suggestions are absolutely welcome!

Blairbob

Sounds pretty good.

Post after 3 weeks and tell us how it worked for you. You'll know by then if you're doing ok or on the brink of being crushed.