So, I have been doing gymnastics training for a some years. It has not been consistent due to a rotator cuff injury I suffered two years ago. Still I have been able to start doing the WODs and my FSPs have improved. I have started gaining back some strength, though there is still a way to go.
I have been looking for a way to get a social element into my training, which it is lacking currently, though this is a great online community it cannot replace real human interaction.
In my city there is no gymnastics facility for adults, I have been trying to get something started, but it does not seem to be happening. There are however good climbing and bouldering facilities. I thought that these might be a good fit for sports activities that would benefit from the gymnastics training, and vice versa. Also it seems like a lot of fun.
I have seen that other members of the forum have some climbing or bouldering experience. How do you see the cross-over, have you experienced any benefit?
My main concern is how to implement it with WODs and other gymnastic conditioning? I thought I would focus on bouldering, because it is more power based than more stamina-oriented climbing with ropes. However, long bouldering sessions on top of WOD and the other gymnastics training would probably be to much volume - at least initially. Or are bouldering, and other climbing more like skill work, that could be done on top of the ordinary training?
So does anyone have insights into the nature of how to merge these things?