Swiss Ball Tuck Planche check?

Started by dcs24, September 27, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,231 Views

dcs24

ZZFNK4gVRN0

I'm able to almost get my arms completely straight in an advanced frog stand, so I was told I should jump into the tuck planche. I tried it, and failed miserably. It was pathetic. So, I read around and decided to try the swiss ball approach.

My question is, am I in the correct position? From the video, it doesn't look like I'm leaning far enough forward, but jeez, I was doing as much as I could! It's also iffy from the video if my arms are locked, but they are.

Any help appreciated!

Cole Dano

I'm sure it doesn't feel like it but your hips are actually too high. Of course with a gymnastics ball there isn't much you can do about it.

One thing i notice is that you are moving around all the time. Try to fix the position, keep your concentration and don't move.

Its hard to say anything about your elbows from that angle, but they look ok.

Micah Ellinger

One thing I notice, your back is straight. That is more closely imitating the "advanced tuck planche", and will be more challenging than if you round your back and keep your knees close to your chest.

dcs24
Mr Brady said:
I'm sure it doesn't feel like it but your hips are actually too high. Of course with a gymnastics ball there isn't much you can do about it.

One thing i notice is that you are moving around all the time. Try to fix the position, keep your concentration and don't move.

Its hard to say anything about your elbows from that angle, but they look ok.

Thanks. After viewing a couple videos I took, each time I thought my hips were high. I tried a smaller ball, brought my knees in, and think I fixed this.

I kept moving, trying to see how much deeper I could get my arm angle. I then leaned a bit more and REALLY felt it in my wrists and shoulders... so it's obvious I need to be leaning more. My wrists were more sore after a 10 second hold of that than ever before, so I think that's something I need to work on, too.

Blairbob

the angle when using the adv tuck tends to be sharper than a ball tuck. in short, it takes A LOT of lean typically.

Niels Joergensen

If I were you I would put the ball aside an focuse on elstic band assisted tuck planches.

Fix the band to an overhead anchorpoint and put the band around your feet. You can intensify the hold by doing the following:

Lower the anchorpoint

use a lighter band

place the band closer to your hips

But good effort nonetheless!^^

Edit: I might be wrong, but make sure you protract your scapula. That makes the planche more stable

Mats Trane

Read this:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6448&start=15