Hello GB forum!
I have been reading this forum and the articles by Coach Sommer attempting to digest as much information as possible as I wait for my copy of BtGB to arrive by mail. I have started practicing the 2 basic FSP in the first article (frog stand and front lever tuck) as well as the L-sit. My max holds for the frog stand and (edit PB L-sit) give me a lot of hope as a beginner! (60s and 42s respectively), but my front lever tuck makes me feel weak and humbled. When I keep my arms straight, I can not even get my body in the horizontal position, and can only hold that weakened position for about 14s. If I bend my arms slightly I can lift myself up and back into the horizontal position, but I can only hold that for a max of about 10s. Also, after performing the max (or the half max to 60s total progressions), the front of my shoulders (rotator cuffs?) hurt quite a lot! So I have a few questions regarding the front lever tuck:
1) are there any prerequisite exercises to this FSP?
2) should I keep my arms straight and only get halfway to the horizontal for my static holds? or bend them slightly to get to the horizontal position?
3) is my shoulder pain normal?
Please feel free to add any advice that I may not be asking for in my questions!