Noob here, I've been reading through the BtGB book and would like to ask for some clarification regarding the static work.
A bit confused regarding the progression as read from the Building the Olympic Body article and the book.
In the article, coach says to progress to 60s of work, until moving on. In the book coach wants you to perform a number of sets, then test for 60s hold at end of 8 weeks.
The article also mentions to pair a pull (front levers) with a press (planche), but the book says to "pick a static strength position." Implying only one movement.
I personally like the article recommendation, but the conflicting information is confusing. Does it matter?
Also when can i begin to add the other FSP positions?
Just curious, but when timing yourself, do you mostly just count in your head if you dont have anyone timing you or can't reach/see a timer when in position?
Sorry that this is so simplistic and has probably gone over before. I haven't had much luck finding clarification on my own.
Thanks!