Hi guys,
I’m from Costa Rica (Central America), I read the BtGB and I think is a great book. I created a program training based on the book; I’ll be training 5 times a week. The sessions were designed to last only 50mins with 10mins warm up.
I’ve been doing calisthenics exercises for several years now, but I never did gymnastics. I would really appreciate if you give me your feedback about the training program.
I’m trying to perform GB Pyramids; I’m performing an Upper Body Pressing followed by a Fundamental Static Positions and then an Upper Body Pulling followed by Fundamental Static Positions. I alternate Upper Body Pressing with Upper Body Pulling and Core with legs.
I only do one set per exercise, I try to do from 2 to 5 reps max.
This is my second week and I’m feeling really good.
In regards to the Fundamental Static Positions, I registered my max in each variation and divided by 3 to calculate the time for each exercise.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Training day 1
Upper Body Pressing
Push-up Variations
Pushups - XR PPP
Pushups - XR PPP plus
Pushups - XR PMP
Fundamental Static Positions
L-sit - XR
Straddle L - one hand center
Manna - MSH horizontal
Upper Body Pulling
Row Variations
Front Lever Rows - tuck
Front Lever Rows - flat tuck
Front Lever Rows - straddle
Fundamental Static Positions
Back Lever - flat tuck
Front Lever - flat tuck
Planche - tuck
Core
V-up Variations
L-sit lift
V-ups - lift
V-ups - lift
Legs
Deck Squat Variations
Deck Squats - jumping
Deck Squats - jumping for distance
Deck Squats - jumping for distance
Training day 2
Upper Body Pressing
Dip Variations
Dips - XR
Dips - XR
Dips - XR Bulgarian
Fundamental Static Positions
L-sit - XR
Straddle L - one hand center
Manna - MSH horizontal
Upper Body Pulling
Pull-up Variations
Pull-ups - XR Bulgarian L
Pull-ups - wide grip
Pull-ups - wide grip behind
Fundamental Static Positions
Back Lever - flat tuck
Front Lever - flat tuck
Planche - tuck
Core
HLL Variations
HLL - single leg
HLL
HLL - under-grip
Legs
Single Leg Squat Variations
SLS - deck
SLS
SLS - jumping
Training Day 3
Upper Body Pressing
HSPU Variations
HeSPU - elevated
HeSPU - elevated
HSPU - XR using straps
Fundamental Static Positions
L-sit - XR
Straddle L - one hand center
Manna - MSH horizontal
Upper Body Pulling
Curl Variations
Chin-ups - inverted
Reverse Muscle-up - half
Reverse Muscle-up - half
Fundamental Static Positions
Back Lever - flat tuck
Front Lever - flat tuck
Planche - tuck
Core
Lower Back Variations
Curl-ups
RLL - headstand
RLL - headstand
Legs
Hamstring Variations
Natural Leg Curls
Natural Leg Curls
GHR - half
Training Day 4
Upper Body Pressing
Multi-plane Pressing Variations
Chest roll - HeSPU pause
Chest roll - HeSPU
Chest roll - planche
Fundamental Static Positions
L-sit - XR
Straddle L - one hand center
Manna - MSH horizontal
Upper Body Pulling
Multi-plane Pulling Variations
TOPs pulls
Front Lever Pulls - half
Front Lever Pulls
Fundamental Static Positions
Back Lever - flat tuck
Front Lever - flat tuck
Planche - tuck
Core
Oblique Variations
Windshield wipers - supine
HLL - circular
HLL - circular
Legs
Deck Squat Variations
Deck Squats - jumping
Deck Squats - jumping for distance
Deck Squats - jumping for distance
Training Day 5
Combined Pull/Press
Muscle-up Variations
Muscle-ups - XR seated
Muscle-ups - XR narrow
Muscle-ups - XR narrow
Fundamental Static Positions
L-sit - XR
Straddle L - one hand center
Manna - MSH horizontal
Core
Straight Body Variations
German Hang Pull
Back Pull - negative
Reverse Crank - half
Legs
Single Leg Squat Variations
SLS - deck
SLS
SLS - jumping