Training Organization

Started by Eddie Ball, August 26, 2011 · 2 Replies · 1,937 Views

Eddie Ball

Hey all,

I know i need to get stronger so i must include strength work, but i also want to practice gymnastics routines/moves for competition. In what order should this be done in. As in should i practice my routines/moves at the begging of practice, then do strength training, or vica versa. Or should routines and strength training not be done during the same workout (or maybe just time of the day). Or maybe one should not train the two at the same time, as in do a strength training cycle for a month, then practice routines for a month....ect.

thanks for any input. My opinion is that its best to trying your routine at the begginng of each practice and follow each practice with strength training.

Blairbob

Any specific strength should probably be done towards the beginning. I would do general strength toward the end unless of course after any event work you cannot perform anything at all. Then I might consider split session if possible or doing strength one day, skill work the other. Generally, I would do skill work before strength.

It sort of depends on if you are in post, competition, or pre season.

Eddie Ball

Hey thanks a lot, only thing i am not sure about is what you mean by specific strength versus general strength