Intro/ workout plan critique

Started by riseagainst82, August 26, 2011 · 2 Replies · 1,996 Views

riseagainst82

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums, this is my first post. I have been exercising for most of my life and as of more recently I have been moving away from weights and towards body weight conditioning. I was getting bored with regular pushups, pullups and dips so I am really glad my brother told me to check out this website. I purchased the gymnasticbodies book and after reading through it and lurking on these forums feel I have some direction to how I should be training.

I have not been conditioning for awhile now, however due to injuries and work, I am in construction and the summer has been long hot days. I am going to be testing my static hold times this weekend so I know where to start but wanted some critique on the program I put together based on my needs and goals. Thanks in advance for any responses

Monday

Prehab/Rehab -wrists,shoulders,hips,legs,feet- about 15 minutes total work

Warmup- I will be doing supersets of the exercises for time until I reach a total of 60s

Plank, Reverse Plank

Hollow hold hands over head, Arc hold superman position

Ring support(I do not have access to parallel bars), Chinup dead hang

Wall Handstand- this will be done by itself

Workout

Ring Back Lever- Done for x-seconds and x-sets until 60s total work has been reached

Headstand pushup 3x5

pullup 3x5

Tuesday

Prehab/Rehab -wrists,shoulders,hips,legs,feet- about 15 minutes total work

Warmup- I will be doing supersets of the exercises for time until I reach a total of 60s

Plank, Reverse Plank

Hollow hold hands over head, Arc hold superman position

Ring support(I do not have access to parallel bars), Chinup dead hang

Wall Handstand- this will be done by itself

50 kettlebell swings- 3 sets

L-sit, hold for time breaking it in sets until 60s is reached

Assisted single leg squat 3x5

Front Lever, hold for time breaking it in sets until 60s is reached

Thursday

Prehab/Rehab -wrists,shoulders,hips,legs,feet- about 15 minutes total work

Warmup- I will be doing supersets of the exercises for time until I reach a total of 60s

Plank, Reverse Plank

Hollow hold hands over head, Arc hold superman position

Ring support(I do not have access to parallel bars), Chinup dead hang

Wall Handstand- this will be done by itself

Planche- (Frog stand) Done for x-seconds and x-sets until 60s work is reached

Elevated Ring Rows 3x5

Ring Dips 3x5

Friday

Prehab/Rehab -wrists,shoulders,hips,legs,feet- about 15 minutes total work

Warmup- I will be doing supersets of the exercises for time until I reach a total of 60s

Plank, Reverse Plank

Hollow hold hands over head, Arc hold superman position

Ring support(I do not have access to parallel bars), Chinup dead hang

Wall Handstand- this will be done by itself

Deadlifts 3x5

Airdyne Tabatas

L-sit- Done for x-seconds and x-sets until 60s work is reached

Front Lever- Done for x-seconds and x-sets until 60s work is reached

My main concerns are that I doing enough static hold work and that I am not missing any major ones and when doing push pull workouts is it personal preference when it comes to performing the order of push pull or should I follow a protocol of push always before pull?

I have set up my routine into 2 upper and 2 lower body days because my job is very demanding physically and I have always needed a good bit of rest to avoid burning out and that seems to work best for me.

Thanks again

Blairbob

On Tu, I would do the KB swings last.

On Fri, I would either FL or L-sit, then DL, then the tabatas.

As for pull/push it doesn't really matter. Generally I do pull first when I do rope pullups/climbs because I find them easier to manage than if I were to do other pushing exercises before.

riseagainst82

thanks