This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110825

Started by Coach Sommer, August 25, 2011 · 6 Replies · 1,744 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform three rounds of the following:

10 Killers

10 Side Lever Pulls

20m Backward Sled Sprint

5 Weighted RLL

Finish the workout with 3x10 Hip Extensions.

notes:

1) This workout should be performed as a modified giant set. To this end perform the Killers then rest 60 sec, perform the Side Lever Pulls (5 on each side) then rest 60 sec, perform the Backward Sled Sprint then rest 60 sec, finally perform the Weighted RLL and then rest 5 minutes before beginning the next modified giant set.

2) Killers are essentially a jumping lunge. To perform Killers, first assume a right kneeling lunge position where the right foot is in front and flat on the ground with the right knee bent at approx. a 90-degree angle. The left leg will be behind with the left knee on the ground approximately 14-16†behind the heel of the right foot and the toes of the left leg curled under to aid in the coming jump. From this position, explode upward into the air as high as possible. At the top of the jump, switch the right leg backward and the left leg forward landing in the opposite lunge position. This constitutes one repetition. Continue for the prescribed number of repetitions.

3) Be careful to only allow the knee of the back leg to only lightly touch the ground. DO NOT bounce off of the ground with this knee or injury will result.

4) If possible, the Killers should be performed weighted by holding dumbbells at your sides. 20-40lb dumbbells should be sufficient for most people; although you should certainly feel free to go much heavier if possible.

5) Add sufficient weight to the backward sled/tire sprints to make the sprints quite challenging; the running should be very strenuous. If your quads are not seriously fatigued, you are not working hard enough.

6) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground in front of you while you are sprinting backward, have a partner pulling against you during the sprint with a long strap.

7) As noted in the essay referenced above, the first set of hip extensions is forward, the second is sideward and the third is circular. If you are able, add ankle weights to today’s Hip Extensions.

shyung

Oh... It is hard for me.. T_T...

I can't side lever pull, weighted RLL........

I have been regret...that start WOD...

I can't almost WOD so always modify that..

It is okay??

steadily play wod(scaling), sometime can I play WOD(rx'd)??

Rafael David

Sure, you can scale it for your strength level. :wink:

blackmonster

Did three rounds of the following exercises for todays WOD:

10x Killers

1 arm 1 leg side planks for 30 sec a side (Couldnt find anything to do side lever pulls on around the house.. wishing for a peg board!)

20m Backward Sprint uphill holding my trucks full size spare tire ( about 35 +- lbs.. still havent made my tire sled yet )

5 HeST RLL keeping a 3-3-3 tempo

Finished up the workout with 3x10 Hip Extensions.

Thanks again Coach!

blackmonster
shyung said:
Oh... It is hard for me.. T_T...

I can't side lever pull, weighted RLL........

I have been regret...that start WOD...

I can't almost WOD so always modify that..

It is okay??

steadily play wod(scaling), sometime can I play WOD(rx'd)??

,

A lot of us have to scale down WOD's, myself included.

We all start somewhere, the main thing is to keep at it, dont give up, and put everything you've got into your chosen workout. I've been doing gymnastics for a year now (Im 30 years old and dont have a gymnastics background at all) and trust me, I was terrible when I started. I couldnt even hold my body up in a Headstand! I'd fall out of it either sideways or have to roll out of it. My wrists were once too weak to support me for very long in handstands against a wall, and I was a little bit overweight too.

If you are in your 20's 30's, etc see if you have a local gym that has an adult tumbling class and sign up. Thats what I did, and it's been worth every penny. Im down to a good functional weight, and I can now do things with my body in a years time that Ive never been able to do even when I was much younger.

Keep at it, the payoff is VERY much worth it! If gymnastics was easy there would be more people doing it :) If you want to see where I started from in my gymnastics journey check out my workout log on the forums. My first few posts will let you know what some of my hurdles were. (starting at around the third one down I believe)

Josh Schmitter

Took an extra rest day after the Dy Leg WO on Tuesday. Performing this on Friday.

WOD:

3 rounds:Rests as rx'd

-10 Killers(30lbs w/ dumbells)

-10 Supine Windshield Wipers

-20m Backward Tire Sled Sprint (2nd to biggest rock loaded)

-5 HeRLL

3x10 Hip Ext.

-2x10 front/side(2120 Tempo)

-1x10 Circle(10s Tempo)

end.

Matthew Mossop

Are there any videos of hip extensions (front, side and circular)?