Evaluate my SSC plan please.

Started by Derek, August 22, 2011 · 0 Replies · 1,894 Views

Derek

This is posted somewhere else but I realized it was most likely in an inappropriate forum for what i was asking so I will just re-post it.

Sorry

Hey everyone,

After reading BtGB cover to cover several times and reading a lot of the posts here i have set upon my getting back to gymnastics workout. This could get intense so bear with me and any feedback is appreciated!

My workouts would be on a two week rotating schedule of FBE's and FSP's. I have taken about a week to establish my hold times on FSP's and my max reps on FBE's so that I am doing the FBE's that will get me to 5x5. I am planning on doing this as either a 6 week SSC or an 8 week SSC.

Week 1

Mon: FBE exercises, done 3x5 (or 3x2 or 3 but never past 3x5 for the SSC) (all i.e. push-up variations, dips, HeSPU, FL rows, pull/chin-ups, body curls, ab work, back work, leg work)

Wed: FSP exercises, done as 60s (if capable) or 2x30s (all i.e. plank, reverse plank, hollow, arch, PB support, chin-up grip dead hang)

Fri: FBE exercises, (same as Mon.)

Week 2

Mon: FSP

Wed: FBE

Fri: FSP

Week 3 would follow week 1's template, week 4 would follow week 2 etc.

Off days would be handstand work and german hangs and every day but Sunday would be mobility and basic flexibility with Sunday being a dedicated 30 min. of a serious flexibility routine.

Well there it is! I would do this for one SSC, then take a week to re-evaluate and move onto harder variations if I am ready and the necessary hypertrophy has taken place.