integrated training for developing basic strength

Started by Ivan Uzarevic1, August 16, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,728 Views

Ivan Uzarevic1

Hello everybody,

my name is Ivan, I come from Zagreb, Croatia..I am 30 years old, 180cm high and weight 77kg..I have been doing Gymnastic strength programme for some time..I started with integrated training as suggested in BtGB..before that I just did regular pull ups (15 in max set), dips (20 in max set), chin ups, push ups etc..My program design is as follows:

WEEK 1:

TRAINING 1

1)FSP: German hang (3*30sec) + FBE: Rows-XR ground (3*5 rep)

2)FSP: Frog stand (3*30sec) + Pushups-XR (3*5 rep)

3)FSP: L-sit (3*13sec) + V-ups (3*5rep)

4)FSP: FL tuck (3*20sec) + SLS-deck (3*5 rep)

I rest 40 sec between FSP and FBE; first I do 3 sets of 1) and 2 and then 3 sets of 3) and 4)

TRAINING 2

1)FSP: German hang (3*30sec) + Pull-ups (3*5rep)

2)FSP: Frog stand (3*30sec)+HeSPU - box (3*5rep)

3)FSP: L-sit (3*13sec)+ HLL (3*5 rep)

4)FSP: FL tuck (3*20sec)+ NLC- negatives (3*5 rep)

TRAINING 3

1)FSP: German hang (3*30sec)+ Chin ups-inverted (3*5rep)

2)FSP: Frog stand (3*30sec)+PB Russian dips (3*5 rep)

3)FSP: L-sit (3*13sec)+RLL - headstand (3*5rep)

4)FSP: FL tuck (3*20sec)+ Deck Squats – jumping for distance & height (3*5rep)

TRAINING 4

1)FSP: German hang (3*30sec)+Pullovers (3*3rep)

2)FSP: Frog stand (3*30sec) + Cast Wall Walks (3*3rep)/I can not do even the simpliest MPPr exercise so I took Cast Wall Walks as substitution..Is that ok???

3)FSP: L-sit (3*13sec)+ Windshield wipers – half (3*5rep)

4)FSP: FL tuck (3*20sec) + NLC- negatives (3*5 rep)

TRAINING 5

1)FSP: German hang (3*30sec) + Muscle ups – XR jumping (3*3rep)

2)FSP: Frog stand (3*30sec) / Here I just do FS since with MU, as CPPr exercise I have already went through pressing movement..is that ok??

3)FSP: L-sit (3*13sec) + German Hang Pull (3*5 rep)

4)FSP: FL tuck (3*20sec) + SLS-deck (3*5 rep)...

I train 4 times a week, and doing HS stomach to wall every training day as separate session..I treat HS as FSP..my max hold is 20 sec. so I do 6*10 sec in described manner..I am planning to move on harder variation in my next SSC with my FS (since I do 3*30 sec relatively easy), and with GH to BL tuck (since I do 3*30 sec of GH without problem)..I will not move to FL adv tuck untill I have solid 3*30 sec with FL (is this good idea or should I move forward??)..some of the FBE I will substitute in my next SSC (like XR push ups for example) because they are getting pretty easy, other I will just continue doing till I have solid 3*5 rep with perfect form as Slizzardman suggested (to whome I send big Thank You for everything you have wrote on this forum :))..Did I understand the idea of integrated training correctly or?? P.s. sorry for my bad english, I hope that you could understand everything I wrote..

Derek

Ivan,

That sounds about right. At least that is how I understood it. I modified it for my own needs however. I have two schedules that I rotate Monday Wednesday and Friday. One week I do FBE's twice and FSP's once then the next week I switch, on off days I train HS and german hangs. This way my program manages my intensity.

Ivan Uzarevic1

Tnx Derek for your reply!!

Ivan Uzarevic1

After doing the proposed workout for 16 week, here's my experience..I became very exhausted and tired (probably CNC fatigue) which is probably result of making every workout max strength day..I even developed slight pain in left elbow..so, after short recovery, I'll switch to WOD's..although I didn't have the desired result with my own training programme, at least I'm convinced in safety and efficiency of the WOD's..I guess some people just have to learn on their own mistakes..