Routine help please!

Started by Jonny, August 16, 2011 · 2 Replies · 10,987 Views

Jonny

Hey, this is my first post.Im 17 and new to gymnastics and while im quite active I havent done a serious weighted workout in months.

I'd like to use this as a general fitness/strength program. However I'm very confused. I've read the forum for a few hours and learned some but I still need help. I do not have a pullup bar yet but I do have some very basic "half-rings".

Today I went through the suggested warmup;

60 sec plank

60 reverse plank

60 sec arch

60 sec hollow

60 sec support between chairs

20 sec chinup dead hang ( all I could manage on my stairs before grip gave way)

Most of these required about three sets each apart from the plank and support

2x60 sec L-sit tucks (small increments of maybe 10 seconds)

2x60 sec frogstand (20 second sections)

3x20 sec back to wall handstand

3 sets pseudo plache pressups

1 set chinups to failure ie. 5

60 sec support on rings ( 10 second sets - hands shaking everywhere)

my question is basically what does this look like as a program for four days a week for the few weeks so as my strength and skill base can grow to a point where I can use a scaled dow WOD? providing I get a bar and start working on some front and back lever progressions. Is there anything you would add or take away? Having done this I feel fine, maybe a liitle stiff, but I have seen many threads on injury through overtraining so I thought I would ask.

Thanks for your time.

>Jonny

Blairbob

More pullups, maybe some v-ups or leg lifts or skin the cats when you can do them.

Jonny

OK, so I've added a second set of chinups to this list and a set of 30 v-ups. I'll start working on leg raises and the german hang as soon as I get a bar. Thanks for the advice :D