How Long Must a Hold be Before Moving On?

Started by Rob Monti, August 14, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,949 Views

Rob Monti

Hey guys,

I was just reading through BtGB and Coach Sommer's article Building an Olympic Body Through Body Weight Conditioning and there appears to be contradictory information. The book says you must be able maintain a static position for 15s before moving on the next progression but the article recommends holding a position for 60s.

I'm sure it's not so black and white but I was wondering what worked best for the members of this forum, especially when they first started incorporating static holds into their strength programs. Apologizes if this has already been answered but I read through the stickies and didn't find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

-Rob

Falcon

Few topics lower, exactly the same question :D

60 seconds is for tuck, advanced tuck, 15 seconds is for straddle, half lay, full lay