Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is your favorite beer?

Joshua Naterman

Joshua Naterman

My overall favorite is Guinness (on tap only) but I have special love for the Extra Stout which is almost impossible to find on tap in Atlanta. Killian's Irish Red is also a favorite of mine, and finally:

LAMBIC! (Especially raspberry Lambic)

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Whichever one is being handed out at the party! :lol:

Favourite beer, eh? Well, Keystone is okay, and Lucky kinda tastes like the wrong end of a sewer pipe...still, in school you drank what was cheapest. I'd have to say either Kokanee or Labatt.

locally brewed pale ales!

but in general...sierra nevada pale ale is my favorite

Trader Joes sometimes carries a really tasty stout..."Youngs double chocolate stout"... may want to check that out!

Joshua Naterman
locally brewed pale ales!

but in general...sierra nevada pale ale is my favorite

Trader Joes sometimes carries a really tasty stout..."Youngs double chocolate stout"... may want to check that out!

I will be on the lookout for that. A friend of mine once made a pecan porter that was seriously one of the best tastes I have ever experienced in my entire life! I wish I could find that kind of thing more regularly.

Alvaro Antolinez

I have been wanting to brew my own for some time now but family is givin' a lot of work :shock: . I mostly love german pilsener like bitburger or Wasteiner ( spell?) mostly due to the hot climate here in Mallorca. Guiness and stouts are more suited for the cold IMHO, but delicious anyway!

Archbishop o balance

Guinness, no doubt. And it's a lot better in Ireland than anywhere else for some reason.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Favorite beer? Heineken (pilsener), of course. Why? Because, wherever your are, you always can get one. Even in remote places like Atlanta Ga, Winnipeg Canada, Sacramento Ca/Williamsburg Va, Mallorca Spain. And always the same quality that reminds you of home-sweet-home, where people talk funny and can’t sing. And, by the way, most of those so-called local specials that you mention have been bought up or will be bought up by Heineken and continue to be sold under their own brand name. Yeah, yeah, we Dutch still rule the beery waters, even if a bit sneaky. Now, having said all that, whenever I eat a pizza, I will get a Belgian beer (Duvel double or triple, for example). They taste good together, I guess.

Edward Smith
mmmm i don't like beer... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Alex,

for an Italian like yourself, favorite grappa? :lol:

Depends on my mood really, in winter I prefer "heavier drinks" such as dark ales then through spring to summer I tend to get lighter drinking more German and Indian beers and when it's really hot I like Mexican or Brazilian beers with a wedge of lime or a nice cider (proper cider not that sweet stuff like magners or strongbow). Then through Autumn I move back onto the ales and gradually get darker again.

Unfortunately where I am at the minute (in remote North Wales) the only beer you can get on tap are Carling and Fosters and the quality isn't great :(. When I lived in Bath however there were so many good pubs with nice ales and ciders, really hoping to be able to move back there in a couple of months.

Nic Scheelings

Favorite beer, depends on the season. I personally love Aussie beer I think it's the best, biased i Know :D I

Some of my favorites tho

coopers sparkling

James Squire Amber ale

Little creatures Pale ale

If your ever in aus check em out

Nicholas Sortino

Not a huge beer drinker. I will sample local microbrews occasionally when I travel, but I tend to not drink beer. I do enjoy ones like Blue Moon, Sam Adams (and many of it's seasonals) and Killians.

Mostly, if I drink alcohol these days, it is Sake. Or homemade Margaritas; I like them sour so no sugar added at all. Just good tequila and lime juice.

Alcohol is good now?

Loads of studies have shown that regularly drinking moderate amounts of alcohol is good for you, this applies to beers as well as red wine. Of course binging is not good and I have to admit that I do occasionally go overboard :oops: , but there's nothing detrimental about pint or two every couple of days.

Rafael David

I thought that alcohol wasn't good for nothing and is very nocive to our liver, no matter the amount...

Loads of studies have shown that regularly drinking moderate amounts of alcohol is good for you, this applies to beers as well as red wine

Please, alcohol is good for what? About the red wine, what I read was that what is good in wine ins't the alcohol, but the resverarol on grape, so is better drink a good grape juice than wine...

Please, alcohol is good for what?

Beer has been shown to increase levels of HDL, increase the ability of your liver to deal with poisons; reduce risks of stroke, dementia and heart failure and protect against kidney stones and gallstones stones to name but a few.

Rafael David
Please, alcohol is good for what?

Beer has been shown to increase levels of HDL, increase the ability of your liver to deal with poisons; reduce risks of stroke, dementia and heart failure and protect against kidney stones and gallstones stones to name but a few.

So alcohol is so good, comment this please:

Charles Poliquin:

You should also abstain from alcohol. Booze and bulging biceps don’t mix. Here are three reasons a bodybuilder should think twice about drinking alcohol:

• It decreases your ability to sustain high-intensity workouts by inhibiting enzymes involved in energy production.

• It disrupts your sleep patterns. The reduced quantity and quality of sleep will minimise your recovery for the following workout. In fact, a Friday evening of drinking will foul up your sleep pattern until the following Tuesday.

• It decreases your natural testosterone production, one of your main anabolic hormones. A study in Finland showed that an alcohol binge will decrease your natural testosterone production for up to three days.

I know, I'm not a bodybuilder, but if is bad to them, why is good to us? I am no expert in anything, all I know is because I read everything that interests me much, but certainly everything I read leads to the conclusion that alcohol has more harm than good. :|

Joshua Naterman

Mikael, it's all about how much you drink.

Just like 20g of fructose a day is actually good for you, especially in the morning, 1-2 ounces of alcohol seems to be good for you as well. That's a super low dose, it only affects the enzymes in your body for a few hours and actually causes something of an up-regulation of the liver's ability to process toxins. 1-2 oz means ONE shot, ONE 5 ounce glass of wine, ONE 12 ounce beer.

Going over that does seem to be bad for your health, but that is the moderate definition and it actually IS the alcohol that is providing the health benefits. This was tested in a few studies using the breakdown I just wrote above.

You have to remember, a metabolic pathway that is not stimulated gets down-regulated. It doesn't take much to keep things working smoothly.

Rafael David
Just like 20g of fructose a day is actually good for you, especially in the morning, 1-2 ounces of alcohol seems to be good for you as well. That's a super low dose, it only affects the enzymes in your body for a few hours and actually causes something of an up-regulation of the liver's ability to process toxins. 1-2 oz means ONE shot, ONE 5 ounce glass of wine, ONE 12 ounce beer.

Okay, now tell me who will drink alcohol within these limits. Be honest ... :roll:

Joshua Naterman

Okay, now tell me who will drink alcohol within these limits. Be honest ... :roll:

Me! :) I have a single Guinness on Thursday and Friday! :P