Question concerning my workout plan

Started by Ant18, August 9, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,449 Views

Ant18

Hi everyone, I'm asking you this probably very annoying question because I simply don't have any cofidence in myself making a routine, I've deleted my current routine and now am Looking for a new one but I want to gain strength and flexibility to be able to do handstand push ups, planches and stuff like that and also it would be nice toinclude that in my future routine.

Now you're probably going to say look at WOD but I don't know what I need to work on etc or what I need to put in my routine because yes I've done my research but no I don't know what I need to do to achieve my goals so it would be nice to either be referred to someone who can help me achieve my goal or it would be nice if you could be able to do this.

Now I'm going to buy a protein shake at the end of this month, Gold Standard whey protein, if you don't want me to buy that, tell me a supplement that I need to take because I can't make up for my meals so I do actually need a supplement.

I am currently working on my fitness to get ready to join the army but this don't really effect me, that much except for the runs.

If you can give me a workout plan and tell me what I need to do to reach my goals then I would really appreciate it and will then record the rest of my progress on your forums and gain help from other members working on-wards from what you've given me once I obviously feel that I can work on-wards, thanks, Ant :)

Ant18

Note: The equipment I have currently are as stated below but I am working on getting more equipment because I can tell I will need equipment like rings, bigger paralettes, mats, gym balls and just overall stuff like that so I would appreciate if you could limit the exercises to bodyweight exerices.

- Gold Gyms Push up bars

- Perfect Push ups (rotating push up stands)

- Dumbell bar

- Barbell Bar

- 50kg worth of weights just incase

Ant18

Help please?

Niels Joergensen

First of all you need to outline exactly what your goals is. is it a 15 sec straddle planche, 20 sec back lever? You need to be more specific and give us more information about your current strength level.

There are tons of questions like yours and the answers are often quite the same: Do the WOD scaled to your abilites. The WOD's are the same workouts Coach's athletes are doing everyday. You don't get much better of a workout than this. You will gain maximal strength, dynamic strength, flexibility and a FUN workout.

Buy Building the Gymnastic Body and a set of rings. You can't live without.

As part of your warm up do FSPs (elaborated in the book) and prehab/rehab along with stretching. That's basically it.

Have fun!

Ant18
mrnielsjoergensen said:
First of all you need to outline exactly what your goals is. is it a 15 sec straddle planche, 20 sec back lever? You need to be more specific and give us more information about your current strength level.

There are tons of questions like yours and the answers are often quite the same: Do the WOD scaled to your abilites. The WOD's are the same workouts Coach's athletes are doing everyday. You don't get much better of a workout than this. You will gain maximal strength, dynamic strength, flexibility and a FUN workout.

Buy Building the Gymnastic Body and a set of rings. You can't live without.

As part of your warm up do FSPs (elaborated in the book) and prehab/rehab along with stretching. That's basically it.

Have fun!

So, Basically, I need to buy the book, didn't really need to make this thread then did I :L

Niels Joergensen

The Book will answer all of your questions. when I started out I had the excact same questions you have now. :)