I'm nearing the end of my cycle and was wondering if it's ok to go from the back lever flat tuck directly to the half lay. I tried BL straddle yesterday and was able to hold it for more than 15s. Pretty sure I can hold the half lay for about 10s, if not more. Can the BL straddle be skipped on my next cycle, or would it be better to not skip that progression? Thanks.
Back lever flat tuck -> half lay?
Started by changeup, August 4, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,275 Views
Hmm, when I tried I think I went for 60s of straddle but I have to be conservative on my left elbow.
Make sure you can do 3-4x15-20s and not just a one hit wonder.
if you are able to do a half lay for more than 10 seconds, i think you can jump to try it in your next cycle, it depends on how you feel training with this new progression.... if you feel it very heavy, then go to straddle, and if not, take the half lay, that's my opinion, but i don't know if it's correctly to think or do it like that...
And are you really parallel with the ground? ![]()
I will tell you that working even 5s holds in a SSC sucks the monkey. That's 12 friggin holds even when done at 50%. Some people might laugh at 50% but considering it's just one of a bunch of things in a workout (well, not really that much) I found 50% in a SSC much more tiring than one would think.
I wasn't fully parallel to the ground in one of the 4 sets I tried, but not enough for my friend to give me crap about. In any case, I was able to do 4 sets of 15s during my normal routine. I'll be going back to BL flat tuck until this cycle is over next week and then move on to a half lay. I just wish an FL straddle was as easy to do :roll: I'll be doing one leg extended FLs until I build up the strength I guess. Thanks for the help ![]()