Hey my name is J and I'm new to this forum but I've looked around and love the spread of information that is going around.
I do not do gymnastics but I've been starting to set up a program on my own to help me get in better shape for baseball and Pitching to be more specific.
I'm a 16 year old, 5 foot 9 145 pound pitcher looking to get into training similar to a gymnast to improve my pitching skills. I've started to format a program as best as I could with my knowledge of gymnastics which isn't too much lol.
So here is my baseball/gymnastics strength and flexibility program.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 movement patterns a workout
Push and Pull
Lunge and Squat
Bend and Twist
Core
Push, Pull, Lunge and Squat workout
4-6 reps 3-5 sets
LUNGE
Lunges fwd
Lunge backwards
Diagonal Lunge
Plyometric jump lunge
PUSH
Push-up
Ball Push-up with pike
SQUAT
Single leg
Jump out of them (try to explode from the bottom not top)
Body weight squat
Jumping Squat
Calf Raises
PULL
Pull Over
Bent over Row
Pull-up
Inverted Row
Reverse Curls
CORE AND STABILZATION
Ball Crunch, left, center right 30 total
Circular Crunch- 20 ea. way
Circular Back Crunch- 6 ea. way
Back Extension on ball 10 reps
Hollow Position
Arch Position
Leg Raises
L Tuck leg lift
BEND AND TWIST
Windmill or Corkscrew 3 sets of 5
Windshield wipers or Saxxon side bends 3 sets of 6
Russian Twists w/medball failure
Wood Chop 2 sets of 10 ea. side
Ankle Mobility
Pike Calf Stretch 3 sets of 10
Ankle Mobility drill 10 forward, 10 to big toe, 10 to small toe
Hip/Groin Mobility
1 set of 10
Leg swings Forward to backwards
Leg swings side to side
Three Leg Swing and then Hold 6 seconds
Hip Flexion/Extension
Hip Flexion
Split Squats
Lateral Squats
Rotational Squats
Reverse Lunge with Twist
Cross over reverse lunge
Thoracic Mobility
Side Lying Rotations 10 reps, 2 second holds
High step rotations 2 sets of 10
Broom Twists 2 sets of 10 ea. side
Quadruped Thoracic rotations and extension 2 sets of 10
Indian Style Thoracic Mobilizations
Sit indian style. Hands behind your head. Rotate to the right. Sidebend to the right. Try to rotate further on each rep by moving from your thoracic spine
ARM CARE – 3-4 times a week
Tubing- Internal rotation
External rotation
Lateral raises
45 degree angle raise
90 degree internal rotation
90 degree external rotation
Shoulder/Scapula and Elbow mobility
Shoulder Wall stick ups
Cross Over’s
Airplanes
Hanging arm Circles
Small, Medium and Large arm circles
Thanks in advantce for the replies,
j