So after reading BtGB and going through the forums pretty thoroughly I landed on the following routine: (current numbers/reps are based off my latest test)
Wrist Prep
FSP Warmups:
60s Plank (straight arm, elevated legs)
60s Reverse Plank (Elevated Legs)
60s PB Support
60s Pullup Deadhang
60s Superman Archup
60s Hollow Hold (Currently broken into 3x20s)
Primary Workout
- Each lettered section completed before moving onto next, alternating between 1 and 2
- FBEs alternate workout-to-workout
A1. Frog Stand - 2x30s
A2. XR Pushups / Dips / HeSPU - 3x5
B1. PB Tuck L-Sit - 24sx3
B2. Tuck V-ups / Half HLL - 3x5
C1. Tuck Back Lever - 4x15s
C2. XR Rows / Tuck Pullups -3x5
D1. Tuck Front Lever - 5x12s
D2. Archups / German Hang Pull - 3x5
Cooldown:
30s XR Support hold
5 Kneeling Wrist Pushups
-----
And for the first 8 weeks this structure has served me pretty well; i've seen some pretty intense strength gains (I started being only able to hold a 12s frogstand, for example). However I've been reading further and further into the forums and have discovered more and more about things ... including the WODs. Looking at
I got the impression from the book that both FSPs and FBEs should be done daily, wheras WODs seem to target groups of muscles specifically, rotating as the week goes by. So I've got a few questions!
1. are WODs there to add to FBEs that are currently in your workout, or to completely replace them?
2. Should I be doing all my FSPs together, instead of splitting them up and alternating them with co-ordinating FBEs? And if the latter is acceptable, should the FBEs be antagonistic to the FSPs instead?
3. If the WOD's seem, even when scaled down, difficult to complete, should I just consider with the program I've devised, or should I do the WODs, even incomplete and scaled down?
Any Critique is welcome.
Thanks in advance!!