WODs for my first routine?

Started by popmad9, July 26, 2011 · 2 Replies · 1,950 Views

popmad9

Hey,

I am just getting started on this stuff. I used to go to the gym a ton and got fairly strong. I have let myself go physically for the last few years and am trying to get in control of my body. I am currently 220 lbs 23 y/o

I am going to start doing WODs, but i was wondering if i should do the 3-5 reps that BTGB talk about or if i should just do as many as i can if it is 1x10.

I am looking forward to starting this and am going to make a log to track my progress.

thanks!

Jeremy Kieley

I'm new as well but I believe I read that you're supposed to do the sets and reps as given in the WOD. If you can't hit it, you scale down the exercise and do an easier progression where you can hit the given set and reps.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Start Test Smith

I think you're 100% correct, madknight. OP, Coach Sommer says to scale the exercises until you can successfully complete the sets and reps protocol in the WOD.