Combining goals with my WOD

Started by Gustav, July 24, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,879 Views

Gustav

Hi everyone! I have some goals I want to work on while I still want time to do the WOD's. I have made a workout plan that I want you to look at an criticise.

My primary goals is the full planche and a lot of pushing strenght like planche PU, Bowers, ect.

Then my secondary goals is to improve in all the FSP like Front lever, Back lever, L-sit, Manna. And also improve in the WOD's and get generally good gymnastic strenght :)

To reach my goals I have made this workout plan:

Warmup

Planche workout:

Planche leans 5x12 sec

A single hold of frogstand (25 sec) to prepare for tuck planche

Tuck planche 6x10 sec (Extending much as preperation for advanced tuck)

(20 min)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I do my static holds:

3x15 sec advanced tuck front lever - 3x Manna MSH bent (Should I also do 50% holds with manna?)

3x10 sec advanced tuck back lever - 3x 10 sec L-sit

(If the holds are included in the WOD's I skip this part)

(10 min)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I work on some selected exercises to reach goals:

Monday/Thursday = Psuedo planche pushups 3x5 (feet elevated to planche position), Ab wheel rollouts 3x5

Tuesday/Friday = Handstand pushups with wall 3x5, Body levers straddle 3x5

(If these exercises are included in the WOD's I also skip that exercise)

(10 min)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I do the WOD :D

That's my plan. Am I doing too much? Is it good? Am I doing too much pushing elements? Please critisice and help me reach my goals. Thanks a lot! :D

Gustav

Bump.. I really want to know if i'm training correctly, so I don't waste my time!!

I have already followed this workout pattern for 8 weeks and I have progressed!