Beginners Training

Started by John-Paul Potter, August 22, 2008 · 2 Replies · 3,756 Views

John-Paul Potter

Hi all,

Hope someone can help.

I have always had a profound respect and admiration for the sport of gymnastics and its competitors strength and athleticism. I am looking to start doing some basic training and wondered if you could advise as to the 10 best exercises for a beginner and complete novice covering upper, core, and lower body.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

JPP

Blairbob

There is an old thread on the best 10 BW exercises. Look it up because Coach Sommer states his.

Having said that.

Handstand on wall.

L sit.

Pistol.

Floor Glute Ham.

V-up/Leg Lift

Front/Back lever

Body lever

Planche

Muscle-up

Headstand/Neck Bridge

I really wanted to put depth and height jumps in there. I searched for the thread, but couldn't locate it for some reason.

John-Paul Potter

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I will also try to find post by coach Sommers.

JPP