New at still rings and lovin it!

Started by Still Ringer, July 19, 2011 · 2 Replies · 11,522 Views

Still Ringer

Hi,

My name is Tony Sunzeri. I am a 33 year old sports anchor on television in South Lake Tahoe, CA. Two months ago I did a story about CrossFit for a show called Tahoe Today (

) and signed up immediately. What I enjoy the most is the competitive aspect and the still rings. Recently I got my first muscle up, and it felt so good. I went home, and googled "How to make your own gymnastic rings". I found a video on youtube and proceeded to "bake" my own pvc rings. I hung them on a tree in the back yard with some rope and off I went. Gymnasticbodies.com has been the best resource I have found on the internet, and I enjoy reading posts from gymnasts with years and years of experience and newbies such as myself. The gymnasts at the elite level get respect from me in a whole new way (Jon Horton is a beast!, and I'm trying to get him on my show before London 2012). Anyway, today is the first opportunity to say hello and any advice for a new gymnast on the still rings would be helpful. I look forward to being a part of your community. Take care, and thanks in advance for putting up with my naive questions about the fantastic sport of gymnastics.

Tony

Blairbob

Cool, have you checked out Tahoe Gymnastics?

Still Ringer

No, not yet. It is two blocks from the CrossFit box I work out at though. Have you been? Do you reccomend it?