No motivation....

Started by klops3style, July 14, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,641 Views

klops3style

I went from my job and I said that I have no motivation... However I started doing my workout. Only jump rope and FSP's

In half workout I finished. I feel very tired after my work. I would like to train gymnastics because I love it, but I'm afraid that I will discourage to doing gymnastics... While I am doing planche I feel pain in right wrist, like I would have broke middle finger..

Simply I don't know what to do.

Help me...

Quick Start Test Smith

I don't know you well, so I can't really offer anything specifically that may help you to find your motivation, but I will try to help.

1) Have you been training very intensely a while, without a break? Maybe it's time to take a short rest.

2) What are you doing in form of recovery? Are you doing soft tissue and mobility work daily?

3) What's your nutrition like? Do you eat paleo at least 90% of the time?

Patrick

Blairbob

If you are lacking sleep and don't have fuel in your tank (food in your belly) you'll notice a lack of motivation to train. Training will suck if you are dehydrated.

Caffeine helps. I prefer a bit of downtime after coaching before I workout as I'm just mentally flustered.

WitnessTheFitness

If you're feeling physically fatigued then make sure you're getting enough sleep, rest, food, and water. If the lack of motivation is mental in nature then that's a bit trickier; you'll have to figure out what inspires you. Whenever I am having an off day where I don't feel like training I crack open YouTube and watch something like a jaw-dropping Cirque du Soleil video. Seeing others push the limits of the human body is like caffeine for the spirit :D

EastWind

Do you feel exahausted after you leave your workplace? Sorry to hear that. It is true that a lot of jobs are demanding and can suck the energy out of you, especially those who imply physical activities. But not only! When I was learning for exams I felt tired, too. When I went through this type of demanding jobs, I was also doing strength training and I knew that I had to save as much energy as possible. I didn't have enough sleep and that was not good. Try to be relaxed, that goes for both you my mind and your body. During free time, rest and sleep more, instead of doing stuff which will lower your energy level. Also, you can think of your strength training as the main activity during the day, and about the work as your rest hours. So, when you're going to work, think like you're going to get some rest and you're getting paid for it. :) If you're doing physical work, try to find things common with strength exercices. Shaolin monks can benefit even from mopping the courtyard a few hours (working the grip, leaning to the left or right to work lateral abs, switching the weight from one leg to another after a few seconds, kinda isometric stuff etc, etc.) If you're sitting on a chair, doing computer stuff or paperwork, your mind can also workout. Bruce Lee was doing isometric training for legs while he was sitting on his chair. You can also do some tension work for smaller muscles (back muscles, as example). Also, if you're not eating well, get one or two protein shakes with you at the office instead of solid food, they will help. And don't forget that even if bad times come, they won't last forever, so stay hopeful. :)

Just a few ideas from my experience, hope this helps.

Julekman

Do you want to train ? if your answer is yes then start with easiest exercises, define measurable goals for the start, even if it 10 pushups if you cant do it. If you want lifetime motivation, you must fall in love in specific movement and every exercises you do, this is the best motivation, so pick up what you find the most interesting in the beginning (strength, health, looks are consequences). Later when training comes under your skin, your love will spread all around and your motivation will go through the roof. :)

And yes, you must organized yourself, I have full time job, little kid, work in the karate club in the evening, so for me the the most optimal time for training is early in the morning (5.30). After job I am tired also but I train with my child sometimes through the games. Just drop down and give me 50. :wink: There are no excuses.