I am in the middle of a self experiment. 3 yrs ago I could hardly pick up a coffee cup without strong pain in my shoulders, wrists, elbow.
I am a firm believer that the body can heal many things. I started doing research and learned about Osteoblasts/Osteoclasts and their role in our skeletal system.
I started researching exercises best for rehab and ended up learning about gymnastic exercises. I have come along way with no drugs and no surgery. I am curious how you feel about this topic.
I workout on rings and weights, I do as much body weight type exercises and feel about 90% better.
I no longer have wrist issues unless I work out really hard and with new exercises, the same is true for my shoulders.
I am 59 and I can do muscleups
weighted pullups (75 lbs)
Windshield wipers with legs straight 16
ring dips
I use parrallettes doing l sits and headstand pushups. I also go into handstand and next to mirror I walk side to side.
I can do shoulder stands on the rings, I am trying to go into a handstand on rings but for some reason cant pushup from this position. I can lift 220 in military press but my own body weight is only 172 HMMMMM?? Any advice here.
I do something I dont know what to call it. I hang upsided down from a chin bar and am straight then I lower my body down until my torso is parrallel with the ground, I do sets of 12 and sometimes I have 10-20 lbs from a dip belt off my waist at rear to increase the difficulty.
I also do rotator cuff exercises
I am trying to get my gym to let me hang up my rings there.
Any advice for shoulder exercises that will strengthen??