Hi everybody. I'm hoping someone can provide me with some good resources to learn about the sport of gymnastics. As someone who has always loved training for strength, I've only recently come to appreciate the greatness of gymnastics (I previously have used weights exclusively). I am really enjoying working on some of the various skills, and like most people I'm sure, the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know! So if there are any good resources for learning about the various moves/skills, scoring in competitions, rules, etc. as well as some of the great gymnasts of both the past and present I would appreciate it.
Resources?
Started by Nick, August 19, 2008 · 3 Replies · 3,180 Views
Here are some links that have some good reading material:
Collection of essays
American gymnast, you need to register but its free and has great guides
Drills and skills, has guides and techniques
Beast skills, has great tutorials on various skills
I recommend you read as much as you can and figure out some goals that you'd like to work too.
If you're interested in the scoring, check out NGJA.org
I appreciate the help. I love a lot of sports, but I never gave gymnastics the interest I gave to basketball, football, etc. I only found gymnastics out of a desire to improve strength for those other sports but now I'm finding it to be very rewarding in its own right and want to learn as much as I can.