Hi All
My first post here, so I hope its appropriate. I have two questions, one is about strength and the other is flexibilty.
1) I dislocated my shoulder and tore up my rotator cuff about 7 months ago, after physio and healing my shoulder is now back to health, but because of this I havent trained in 7 months either. The result is I am just weak, doing 20 pushups in a row is a hardship for me. I have never really done much bodyweight exercises as like the masses i was at one with steel. ![]()
I was just about to jump straight back into weights, when I bumped into a lad that was only around 15 - 16 at my boxing club, he was more defined and functional than well anybody at the gym i used to go to, so I asked him what kind of weight routine he did, and to my surprise he said none, he was a gymnast!! 80% of his workouts consisted of bodyweight only exercises and the other 20% were weighted, ankle weights, weighted training vest, ect.
So after a search on the net I found this website and decided to post here.
My question is what sort of Bodyweight exercises, will give me more functional strength than what I got out of pumping iron. Also to generally increase my strength and functionality all over..
As my strength is non exsistant at the moment I will be starting from scratch.
2) I have major problems with flexibility, my shoulders / back and my Glutes / hips and Hamstrings are so tight, I cant even touch my toes, and cant straighten my arms completely above my head in line with my ears without forcing. Any suggestions on exercises, stretches to increase my ROM in these areas?
Cheers
Dougie