Hi guys
I`m new to this forum and first of all, thank you Coach Sommer for the wonderful book and thanks to so many of you forum participants who provide much high quality information about the art of physical development.
I have gymnastic rings at home and I`d love to learn muscle ups and handstands, but I`m first of all lazy and second I prioritize other sports so can`t afford to be too exhausted from gymnastic workouts because that would surely lead to injury and overtraining.
So that got me thinking to go with short, 5 minute gymnastic workouts a day. The first goal is psychological and that is to get to like these workouts because that is the only real way to stick with it, while the first physical goal is doing a muscle up on rings and second is holding a handstand for 30 seconds.
Right now I`m about 200lbs, can hold an L sit for a minute, can do about 60 fast push ups and about 15 pull ups. I can`t do a muscle up even if I kip heavily and I can`t hold a handstand at all.
So, the golden question. What would you guys recommend that I start with. Statical positions in dips and pull ups or reverse muscle ups done very slowly?