How has the killroy workout template benefitted u?

Started by sdotcurry30, June 25, 2011 · 13 Replies · 3,775 Views

sdotcurry30

i would like to know, because i made my own workout but killroy said he made good progression with his template, i would like to know if it has benefitted well for anybody? and i would like to know how much u benefitted from it

thank you

D Nowell

I would take a guess that since it is the same suggested template as described in BTGB it would do good for anyone who puts in the work. Otherwise, the book wouldn't be the success that it is.

RatioFitness

If you're going to work out 4 days per week, you might as well do the WOD.

Blairbob

I never followed it like he did but used it template to make something similar but different. I preferred to use SSC in it rather than his linear progression.

Falcon

I used the killroy template since february I guess... and the results are solid, but you have to work hard. I will post my results on about 6th of july in the digital coaching forum, and I will also update my log with the template I'm experimenting on now.

sdotcurry30
Blairbob said:
I never followed it like he did but used it template to make something similar but different. I preferred to use SSC in it rather than his linear progression.

whats SSC? whats the different between SSC and Linear Progression? which would benefit me more as a basketball do u think?

sdotcurry30
Falcon said:
I used the killroy template since february I guess... and the results are solid, but you have to work hard. I will post my results on about 6th of july in the digital coaching forum, and I will also update my log with the template I'm experimenting on now.

how strong did it make you? im thinking about doing the workout 2 days a week to start, is that good?

Blairbob

SteadyStateCycle means you use the same workset for 8-12 weeks going through a stage of overload, load, and underload to prepare for the next cycle.

Linear Progression means bumping it from workout to workout or every week you increase your workset in time or repetitions.

Falcon
sdotcurry30 said:
Falcon said:
I used the killroy template since february I guess... and the results are solid, but you have to work hard. I will post my results on about 6th of july in the digital coaching forum, and I will also update my log with the template I'm experimenting on now.

how strong did it make you? im thinking about doing the workout 2 days a week to start, is that good?

You could also do WODs, I have really upgraded that template, the template itself doesn't make you strong, hard work does, if you don't know how to plan the workouts for yourself, do the WODs, they're great, of course before the WOD you should do the FSP work. You don't really need some complex template to see the results, even WODs or just some exercises put together in 5x5 template will give you results, if you are working hard.

sdotcurry30
Falcon said:
sdotcurry30 said:
Falcon said:
I used the killroy template since february I guess... and the results are solid, but you have to work hard. I will post my results on about 6th of july in the digital coaching forum, and I will also update my log with the template I'm experimenting on now.

how strong did it make you? im thinking about doing the workout 2 days a week to start, is that good?

You could also do WODs, I have really upgraded that template, the template itself doesn't make you strong, hard work does, if you don't know how to plan the workouts for yourself, do the WODs, they're great, of course before the WOD you should do the FSP work. You don't really need some complex template to see the results, even WODs or just some exercises put together in 5x5 template will give you results, if you are working hard.

i see, i see, but in the wod's the variations of the exercises are a litle difficult for me, and i dont own a pair of extreme rings, so do u mind sending me ur upgraded template? it can probably give me ideas on fixing my own template

Samuel Carr

Just do the wods. You can easily scale any variation by using keeping your limbs closer to your center to increase leverage, or use bands, jumping, a chair, etc for assistance. Anything you'll see done on the rings the variation you would be doing would likely be easily substituted with a overhead bar or in between two chairs or the just the floor. And anytime there is a ring series in a wod just do the Ring Strength Series 1 and you can just do that on an overhead bar

Falcon

Element is right, you can scale down all of the exercises in the WOD.

Still if you want to have a look at my kind of template, search for "Falcon's Log" in the workout logs forum, two of my SSC templates are there, I'll upload the third in the next week. Alter them, tailor them to your abilities and your goals, if you don't know how, just go with the WODs, they're great when you scale them down.

sdotcurry30
element3904 said:
Just do the wods. You can easily scale any variation by using keeping your limbs closer to your center to increase leverage, or use bands, jumping, a chair, etc for assistance. Anything you'll see done on the rings the variation you would be doing would likely be easily substituted with a overhead bar or in between two chairs or the just the floor. And anytime there is a ring series in a wod just do the Ring Strength Series 1 and you can just do that on an overhead bar

thanks , i guess i will do the wods

sdotcurry30
Falcon said:
Element is right, you can scale down all of the exercises in the WOD.

Still if you want to have a look at my kind of template, search for "Falcon's Log" in the workout logs forum, two of my SSC templates are there, I'll upload the third in the next week. Alter them, tailor them to your abilities and your goals, if you don't know how, just go with the WODs, they're great when you scale them down.

ill take a look at them, thanks for your advice