Maintain FBE,FSP and train connective tissue

Started by AtT, June 21, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,183 Views

AtT

First of all I have to introduce myself, sorry hope my English is understandeble.

I am 24 Years, 189 cm 92kg physiotherapist

I recently did alot of rockclimbing for the last 3 years.(backround in Breakdance, Kick/thaiboxing,athletics etc) Since november 2010 i started training BW exercises seriously again.(started with ~82kg)Since January i am following WOD more or less.Always together with climbing and cardio, flexibility work and so on.

I read alot about FSP warmup, shoulder prehab and similar things.

I have a few questions:

1. Is it ok to do only L-sit, german hang FL +advanced frogstance?

because Manna, Straddle L are following when 1 min L-sit is easy?

2. No BL until my German Hang is rock solid for 1 min?

3. What about PB support,Ring support, Plank, reverse PU position?

I can easyly hold these for 1 min

4.Is it necessary to do the under 1. named exercises when we are working them in the WOD ?

5. Should I vary advanced fs with pl leans?

6. The purpose should be to maintain and to strengthen ligaments and joints, i do not want to affect my WOD.

so how long should i do them...? Should i aim for 1set of 1 minute? and scale down the WOD because 1 min L-Sit on floor is not easy, i mean especially with FL following.

7. or should it definitly be easy like tuck sit?.....trying to work up to high(v tuck sit?

8. What about FBE for warmup? I read somewhere (i think it was a slizzardman post) that we should do 1 submaximal set of exercises to maintaine the strength, these should be 1-2 or 2-3 reps before failure?

9 . Which exercises. For example:

1 vertical PUll/Push.....Chinup version/HSPU

2 horizontal...... Row(Pushup

3 inverted.........Dip/curl

4 lower back Back extensio/Rll

5. GHR or hamstring

6 SLS, Squat...

7. core

10.What about MPP/MpPU?

11.Is this to much? Does it matter if I use a highrep /low rep exercise as long as I do not go allout?

12Using the MO/TU/TH/FR shedule is it good to use a different version for each of the different planes of movement?

like

MO: Knuckle PU

TU:PPP

TH: Onearm pushup

FR: narrow grip Pushup

(just an example whe can figure out best exercises later ;) )

I realy like the Idea but i am afraid of doing to much because everything went so well since i started GB-training. (steroid like growth of muscles and increased number of reps)

I want to do the lowest possible volume of FSP and FBE for warmup without neglecting preparation and maintanace work due to my busy shedule!

As long as i am not sure I will not work a FSP and FBE in the warmup/maintainance part when it is covered in the WOD

Sorry for asking that much but I realy whant to know :)

I hope you can help me

Feel free to tell me where to read the answers so you don't need to type down everything

thx

Blairbob

1. yes

2. yes

3. these are part of the FSP WU and probably should be in your warmup

4. no, but they might be part of your warmup

5. you could, but i would put the planche leans in your warmup

6. work the L-sit @50% to total up 1m of time, possibly more. I've played with working up to 2 or 3m of volume as well but only with each repetition being 50% of my max and using some rest times

7. possibly a warmup variation, tuck V is relatively easy

8. use less challenging FBE variations as a warmup

9. ?

10. requires that you have some ability in basic strength FBE at first

11. too much depends on the individual, their strength and how long they have been training and other factors

12. you could

AtT

thank you!

It sounds like you recommend fsp warmup

AND

a SSC cycle?

I

I am not sure I think i misread that it is not necessary to do WOD and SSC at the same time.

IF so

then it is not necessary to do for example a FL when we have FL in the WOD?

my problem with combining WOD and SSC was that 1 min overall work is too much/4 days a week

OK I will try the following:

SSC The main 4 as recommend viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3858&start=15

L-Sit(fx)

FL (can hold tuck for a minute so i think Advanced tuck)

BL(only if my German hang is a solid minute)

Advanced FrogStand(normal Frogstand 1 min is easy)

(Manna, straddle L when I got my 1min L-sit)

i will test tomorrow. and start easy

do the ssc at least 8 weeks only retesting if it was easy for 3-4 weeks

DO it 3-4 times a week. skip a day when we work the certain FSP in WOD?

For warmup :

maybe

Planche lean

PB or XR support?

reverse Pushup position

falsegriphang

HS

germanhang

go for 1 min without failure

Is this good?

+wrist/shoulder/scapula...

Whats about the FBE thing?

I can do muscleups, HSPU......

I asked some stupid questions omg. sometimes i should reread more often

sorry

Blairbob

You should do the FSP Warmup.

You can run a SSC for FSP's and do the GB WOD. Only work on a progression if you hold it for 20s. 15 may suffice imo, it's tough to do 8 work sets of 7.5s but not impossible.

You can also run a SSC for FBE's and do the GB WOD or just leave them to when they are done in the GB WOD cycle during dynamic push/pull days, general basic strength and perhaps on rings strength days.

You will have to adapt and scale the GB WOD a bit if you do SSC. During ring strength days, I would omit the 5sets of 15s of FSP holds afterwards.

One of the biggest issues is that doing the SSC will take more time than just doing the GB WOD.

My WU early on has 10 shrugs in support, HS, and plank and pronated, supinated, and neutral hangs. I generally do some swings to loosen up my shoulders, spine, and hips. After some leg exercises/mobility to get my heart rate up, I stretch out then do the wrist series, followed by a shoulder series, some bridging and...

FSP WU of 1m PB support

1m of neutral hang on rings followed by 1m of pronated and supinated hang.

2 sets of planche lean with fingers forward/back and reverse plank bouncing on stability ball -30s each

side planks if desired

30s german hang, short rest, 45s german hang

2x30s planche lean on rings with RTO feet on block, body horizontal

3x10s L-sit on fist (kills my quads) +30s PB L-sit

30s straddle-L sit on beam

then to FSP's followed by FBE's. 1 at a time typically since I usually have enough time. If not, done in a sort of circuit.

I only work the FSP's 2d/week on day 2 (Tu/F) I work the body lever, ring press to HS, and block maltese on day1. The cycle before I did work all 4 4d/week but I need to work on the ring press HS

You may want to start off your FSP SSC training only 30s/week for 2-3 weeks.

I will be adding a 60s RTO hold in my FSP WU when I can hold it for 60s and move on to the ring L-sit, I'm currently only at 50s so not yet.

AtT
Blairbob said:
During ring strength days, I would omit the 5sets of 15s of FSP holds afterwards.

sorry i dont understand "omit"

thx for your fast response.

I will use working sets like 15-20 sec...will test which position i can hold for 30-40 sec.

damn...cant find the slizzardman post concerning the exercises in warmup..

*omit means leave out

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi, AtT! Welcome the forum. It's cool that you're a physiotherapist! I'm going to college to study physiotherapy this fall! Glad to have someone of your profession on the board. :)

Omit is commonly understood to mean "do not do" or "remove." When Bob says to omit the exercise, he means to not do it.

Are you looking for Slizzardman's video about the Fundamental Static Positions (FSP)? If you are, it's on his youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/slizzardman#p/u/24/HOC8Ya00f3g

Don't forget that the FSP warm up is intended to be quite sub-maximal. You should really not be tired after the FSPs. I actually feel energized after doing them!

I may have missed it if you've already posted it, but what is you FSP routine?