Just wanted to post that I was able to get some gains on my last SSC cycle (8 weeks) working them only 2 days/week.
They went from:
15s adv tuck FL to 20s
40s ring turned out support to 50s
10s BL to 20s
I'm really glad the BL has gotten better because 12 holds of 5s was rough. Some days it was real tough. Early in the cycle, I was only using 45-60s of rest and it really was rough. A lot of the time I was pushed for time and the difference of 45 and 90s might have meant finishing or not finishing the work. 45 was not fun, 90 much better or at least 75.
Work sets of 5s even though it was only 50% of my max was not FUN. Not At All. I wouldn't recommend it. Prior to that cycle, I made the jump from straddle BL to straight BL. No elbow pain occurred. I did test a 60s straddle BL and 10s BL prior.
I was not merely working just the 2d/week of FSP. A SSC of FBE were involved 2d/week and that was on day B. Day A was different.