Background: I am 19, 5'3" and weight 150-160 lbs (it depends on the week :wink:) I do MMA and Football (not competitively, but I am still very commited to them). As such, my workouts are focused on enhancing performance in my two sports.
Personally, I feel focusing on FBEs more would be more conducive to enhancing my performance over focusing on FSPs. I am not saying I don't recognize the importance of doing FSPs. I recognize their importance both for themselves and for developing the FBEs. I'm just saying I think I should focus more on the FBes than on the FSPs.
With that being said, Integrated Training has you doing each pair of FBEs only once a week (because you switch which pair you are doing each workout) and has you focusing on FSPs more than FBEs (because you can do more than 2 of them a workout and because you work the same FSPs each workout, instead of cycling, resulting in more days working on each position).
From personal experience, I think it's better for me to spend more than one day a week on an exercise, and, like I said earlier, I think I need to focus on FBEs over FSPs.
Because of this, I designed my program as follows:
Three days a week full body workout
Alternate between workout A and B
Workout A: FBE day
1) Alternate between Planche Pushup progression and Front Lever Pullups progression
2) Alternate between HSPU progression and OAP progression
3) Alternate between Ring Dips and Curling
4)Alternate between Pistol progression and GHR progression
Workout B: FSP day
1) Alternate between Planche progression and Front Lever progression
2) Alternate between HSPU progression and OAP progression (pretty much same as workout A because I don't have static goals for these positions)
3) Alternate between Back Lever progression and Manna progression
4) Alternate between Pistol progression and GHR progression (same as Workout A because don't have static goals for my legs)
I also do flexibility work and conditioning and MMA technique work during the week.
Granted both I.T. and my own program are full body workouts, however, my program results in each FBE getting an extra day of work every other week over Coach Sommers’ program.
Please tell me what you think about my program vs. I.T. and set me straight on anything you disagree with or think needs to be tweaked.
Thank you very much and sorry for such a long post.